I had a somewhat busy month in November – it was my birthday! I had lots of catching up to do with friends and also spent a few days at home with my parents. My reading definitely picked up though which I was grateful for. After a couple of months of reading only three books, I fared much better in November, finishing six books, including one that I started way back in July.
What I Read in November
- The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates (Review) – 4 stars
- Selected Poems by e e cummings (Review) – 3 stars
- If We Were Villains by M. L. Rio (Review) – 5 stars
- Daemon Voices by Philip Pullman (Review) – 4 stars
- Good Me, Bad Me by Ali Land (Review) – 3 stars
- Peaky Blinders: The Real Story (Review) – 3 starts
My Unread Shelf Project prompt for this month was a book from my favourite genre. I’m not sure I really have a favourite genre, but I’m always drawn to dark academia books, so I chose to read If We Were Villains and it didn’t disappoint! I also finally finished Philip Pullman’s Daemon Voices after first starting it all the way back in July.
Another Magical Readathon started yesterday! My first read is The Stopping Places by Damien Le Bas. Because of the way G has set up this edition of the Magical Readathon, there’s little I can plan ahead as prompts are released weekly, so I have no idea what I’ll end up reading this month!
Missed some posts?
- I started with October’s Monthly Round-Up, which was still a slow month but I was getting back into the swing of things after a slump in September.
- I shared everything I added to my TBR the previous month in October’s Stacking the Shelves post.
- The rest of my Non-Fiction November posts went up: Fiction/Non-Fiction Pairings, Become the Expert: South Africa edition, Non-Fiction Favourites, and finally New Non-Fiction to my TBR.
- I used a new method of organising my TBR which helped me cull some books I was less excited for.
- Only one Six for Sunday post this month, looking at books with blue covers.
- In the lead up to December, I decided to do the End of Year Book Tag.
- I was also nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award again, so I answered a new set of questions and gave my own.
- As a surprise for my birthday, my brother’s girlfriend took us to see War Horse at the Troubadour! I wrote a quick review of the show.
Here’s some other things I’ve been enjoying this month.
On the small screen
- His Dark Materials finally hit our screens! In the words of John Boyega, “Don’t talk to me when I sit down to watch this! Don’t touch me ! Don’t breathe in my direction ! This is it!” I’ve been so excited for this ever since it was announced, and it definitely hasn’t disappointed. I’m seriously in love with this show. The casting is perfect, the pacing is great, I love it so much. I’m glad that they’re pulling in details from other books throughout the series in order to flesh out the narrative but still managing keeping to the timeline.
I haven’t really been listening to anything new this month, but there are a couple of songs that have been on repeat for me recently:
What was your favourite November read?
Anything else you’ve been loving this month?